13 quotes that show the customer isn’t ready for a good website
Sometimes a potential client says something that makes it clear to usability professionals and information architects that they are simply not ready for a good website. At that point you’ve got a choice. Do you try to convert the client? Or do you just walk away?
When an existing client says something like that when you’re in the middle of the project, things are a little harder. Fortunately we’re not easily deterred. We just keep on preaching that usability gospel.
Our favourite quotes
- “Why we want a new website? We don’t like the old one anymore.”
- “Interactivity is very important to us.”
- “We know what we want. Our web team has had a brainstorm session about it.”
- “We’d like a big visual at the top of every page.”
- “We’ve already chosen the technical system. Now all we have to do is get the content in there.”
- “Our advertising agency has already made the lay-out. All you have to do is make the tree structure.”
- “Where in the menu is the procurement division?”
- “That’s a very sensitive issue in our company.”
- “Prices on our website? No way.”
- “We really think we need a news section.”
- “We’ve positioned the product like that for 10 years. We’re not going to change it.”
- “That word doesn’t really fit our corporate image. We don’t want to use it on our website.”
- “Our web builder/ IT department says that isn’t possible.”
Read more articles about quotes, Methodology, Usability.
Leave a comment