2 articles about usability, a handy tool, a few quotes and a funny movie.
- Best Practices for Designing Faceted Search Filters
If you have a lot of products, services or events on offer on your website, this is an absolute must-read. Faceted search may sound a bit technical but it really isn’t. eBay and Amazon have already been using it for years, allowing users to filter results via a number of criteria.
- How To Increase Site Performance Through A/B Split Testing
A really good introduction to A/B testing or split testing, a method in which two random groups of website visitors are served different pages to test the performance of the different page versions.
- Spoon Browser Sandbox
Web-based tool that allows you to run any recent browser (IE8/IE7/IE6, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera) without actually having to install it on your PC. The only thing you have to install is a single plug-in.
- “Easy reading is damn hard writing.” Nigel Hawthorne
- “Effective writing for the web is 80 percent planning/thinking and 20 percent writing.” Kris Mausser
- “What the f*ck is user ‘experience’ design anyway? I have hundreds of user experiences every day. Most of them are horrible.” Karl Gilis
- South park: The Website review meeting
“It’s only a bug if the user finds it and complains about it.” Cartman, of course.
Read more articles about compatibility, faceted search, split testing, Read elsewhere, Usability.
Leave a comment